Monday, December 24, 2012

What I'm grateful for

So I'm sitting here watching A Christmas Story with my wife, preparing some snacks and waiting for her parents and brother to come over tonight for some food and family time. Figured I could answer today's prompt very quickly.


If you've been reading my Think Kit posts at all (not sure why you are, but I'm sure somebody is!), none of this will come as much of a surprise to you...

The things for which I'm the most grateful this year are (in no specific order): my wonderful, sweet wife and best friend Abby; a job that I am truly passionate about at an organization that I take a great deal of pride in (MFT); a boss and a work culture that challenge me to grow on an almost daily basis (Jeb and SmallBox); a beautiful home in a city I'm really growing to love (Indianapolis); a lot of awesome friends I enjoy being around whenever possible; some bands and bandmates that still mean the world to me even though I know I act like a complete jerk sometimes; etc., etc. The list could go on (my cats, a working car, way more food than a man needs to survive, a ridiculously oversized LP collection, that kind of stuff), but for now I'll leave it there.

I'm truly thankful for my life. Sometimes, it's necessary to focus on the things you'd like to improve too, but at this time of family, friends, and reflection, I'm glad to take stock of all the things that make me love the life I have. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!

***


This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox 
Today’s prompt: What are you grateful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment