Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nicing my wife

Heh heh, "nicing my wife" sounds kinda dirty, but it's what I did. She's my favorite person, and today being a mostly "work from home" (and "run errands like crazy") kind of day for me, I wasn't sure who else I would even see, so I went with a direct plan to do something nice for my lady.

It helped that she was out of town all day, so I was able to plot in her absence. I had a pretty busy day, but at 6:30, after my latest meeting, I stopped at a few stores to pick up some things I knew Abby would be excited about. This included going to Wal-Mart, which is always nutty, but at this time of year we tend to avoid it like the plague. But Abby's been wanting those cinnamon chips that are like chocolate chips but cinnamon flavored (for baking some treat I know I'll get to share), and Wal-Mart was the last place she hadn't looked. I knew she didn't really wanna go there, so I braved the Holiday crowd alone. It actually wasn't too bad.

So, with a couple exceptions (the ice cream and frozen food of course), this is the display my wife came home to tonight after visiting some of her family all day in northern Indiana:


I know the photo is pretty blurry, so here's a list (left to right): Bailey's Irish Cream Holiday box (with glasses - these packages are super cheap and the glasses are basically like free; we get one almost every Xmas), treat containers, Toblerone chocolate bar, marinara sauce (to go with the mozzarella sticks of course), flowers (stuck in an empty growler), Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA, Graeter's mint chocolate ice cream (I actually like this more than she does, but she's picky about ice cream), the highly-sought-after Hershey's cinnamon baking chips, and a bag of frozen mozzarella sticks. Not too bad eh?

And all the smiles I got in return were totally worth it! I think I made her feel extra special. Also, I should add I know this was way over the top - we've just kind of already gotten most of what we wanted this year, and we've talked about just getting some booze and food and stuff like that for Christmas this year... So that's why I went with all this junk food, liquor, and candy (not because that's all my wife likes! haha).

***


This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox 
Today’s prompt: Nice someone. Write about what you did.


1 comment:

  1. MMMM! I like the sound of those chips.. they would be good in some kind of snickerdoodle hybrid. 'Junk food, Liquor and Candy' would also make a nice album title, or maybe just 'Ketchup and Candy'.

    ReplyDelete