Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Skill

Catching up because I missed yesterday's post. If it's any consolation, it was because I was working on this giant year-end blog post for MFT and the accompanying playlist. I also got to see The Gizmos play live, which was totally rad for real...

Anyway, a new skill I would like to develop next year would be working with Photoshop or a similar program for editing and enhancing images. If you haven't noticed, I make some very bootleg images on this blog and the MFT blog. I like my images to be a little raw or lo-fi, but I also want to learn to make things look better. Pretty much all I do right now is edit the images in Word, which is pretty goofy I know.

(A prime example of my delightfully stupid design work)
I always like to make sure that I maintain my personality and authenticity in everything I create, but I also don't want to sacrifice quality. As I learn to do things in a more conventional or skillful way, I'm sure I'll continue to break certain rules of design or taste, which may make my work unique. I'm not a graphic designer, and I don't really plan to become one. But I definitely love to make a lot of different things, including images. And picking up a little skill training probably wouldn't hurt!

See? Progress.

***

This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox 
Yesterday's prompt: What new skill do you want to add to your repertoire in 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment