Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Classic question...

Today is day 19 of Think Kit, and the prompt is: "If money, time or other commitments were no obstacle in 2013, what would you do?"

It kinda helped me to look back at my pie chart post from day 11. I think it goes without saying that if money or time were not factors, I would do way more writing, recording, and performing music. I used to do this a lot more than I have this year, and as frustrating as being a musician can be, it's also really fun and rewarding in certain ways. I would love to have more time for music, and I hope to make more time for it.

But that's not all. I would definitely want to spend more time working on my house, fixing things, cleaning, organizing things, designing spaces, working with my wife more on shaping our home. We've done some of this, but we know we'll have plenty of time to do more. And hopefully in the spring we'll do some gardening, landscaping, maybe try to raise some chickens or something. I would also love to travel more, especially to visit other countries. Hey I'd be happy just to go back to the ones I've already visited!

I think I would also try to hang out with some friends more. There are some people I see at shows a lot, and a few that I get to hang out with pretty regularly on other occasions, but I would really like to make more time for other people in my life. I'd like to see more of the people I already get to see, but I'd like to hang out with people that I never hang out with too. I think it gets harder to "make friends" as you get older because you already have a routine or certain commitments that take up your time.

And of course, if money and time were really not issues at all, I would build a porcelain guitar with laser beam strings that I could play while chilling in my olympic-pool-sized hot tub, eating popcorn chicken that falls out of a vent in the ceiling. I mean, this is all a fantasy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment