Thursday, December 27, 2012

Think Kit Day 27! (special event)

It's hard for me to pick a favorite event from this year, because I remember having several that felt like favorites. Anyway, why pick just one when I can just hang onto as many as possible?! I know I should give more details too, but I'm just too tired out right now. At least this will mean something to me :)

Here's a brief list of some memorable events from this year:
  • MFT's 8th Birthday Party at the Speak Easy
  • Indy Vintage and Antique Market at Glendale Mall
  • SmallBox's 24 Hour Web Project 
  • MFT's New Music Showcase at Radio Radio
  • Vulgar Boatmen show at Mediumship
  • Gary War at Mediumship
  • Cataracts Festival in Fountain Square
  • Dr. Ray live cover set at Broad Ripple Music Fest (Za Upper Room)
  • Woodsist Fest (Big Sur, California)
  • SXSW (Austin, TX) Man, I saw so many good acts at that fest...

I know there were lots of other memorable nights (including Tonic Ball, my 5th Anniversary, and the first night I slept in my new house because the lights on my vehicle had gone out), but we'll just call that some sort of top ten and leave it there... It's late; I'm tired; it's been a long year (and month with all these blog posts, sigh). 

Needless to say I went to tons of great shows and parties. But sometimes my favorite event in the world is to crawl into bed and sleep like a stone.

***

This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox 
Today’s prompt: What event stood out for you this year? Where was it? who was there? what did it look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment